Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Starting Saturday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the Petro in Carl’s Corner, Texas. That’s located at Exit 374 off Interstate 35E. Stop by, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here. Air date: March 7, 2014.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- On the Road with Jon – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, March 7, 2014
- Market Update - March 5, 2014
- Senator: Highway bill will have to fix a ’dire situation’
- Extended Segment: Tax Day is just around the corner, so it’s time to get ready
- Extended Segment – Maintenance Q&A
- Extended Segment - What you need to know about health care exchanges
Land Line Now has had an upgrade on its website. If you are currently subscribed to the www.landlinenow.com RSS feed and have stopped receiving our updates, you will need to re-subscribe.
If you would like to start receiving our RSS feed, you can sign up now on the website.
To subscribe to our podcasts-
- If you use Internet Explorer or Firefox, simply click the RSS button on the top left of the website to subscribe or re-subscribe.
- If you use Google Chrome, you will first need to download an RSS feed reader;
o In Feed Reader-
- After you’ve installed Feed Reader, the RSS symbol will appear at the upper right of your screen when you are in Chrome. Click on that symbol.
- That will open an RSS box. In that box, click on the plus sign at the right, and then type in www.landlinenow.com. That will subscribe you to the feed.
Once you are subscribed, just click on the RSS symbol and it will bring up a list of our podcasts.
Air date- March 6, 2014.
Other Items Heard on the Air-
- Where’s the Spirit?
- Putting the ‘international’ in Trucker Buddy International
- Where’s the Spirit?
- FRIDAY RANT- Want to ensure real justice? We have a case for you, Ms. Kennedy
- Nevada trucker receives OOIDA Safe Driving Award
- An update on the FMCSA’s Medical Certification Registry
- Questions about CARB
- A look at the Affordable Care Act
- Truckers for Troops wants letter for care packages
- Send us addresses of your friends and family serving in combat zones
- Technology is simply not the answer
- Darned if you do…
- Pay at the pump or pay out the nose – your choice
- All about Anne …
- Small business trucking’s top safety resolution for 2014 – action on driver training
BONUS PODCAST FEATURES
- Oil Education with Jerry Sims
- Keeping Fit – Expert Health Advice from Bob Perry
- Tax Advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS LETTERS
- ’We appreciate what you guys did for us’
- ’The best care packs’
- ’We all appreciate the support’
- ‘It was a huge morale boost’
- ’Received with smiles and open arms’
- ’Thank you to everyone that supports us’
- ’Thank you very much for the care package’
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package ’filled with anything and everything I could have imagined’
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here …
- Your cast of characters ...
- Face look familiar?
- Is this the party to whom I’m speaking?
- Looking over the talleys …
- Thanks to the folks it’s all about
- Who’s ahead? Find out tonight
- Sneaky ...
- Is the Army still rolling along?
- Tallying up ...
- Tally Board – all shook up …
- Big Jim back in the day
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what itâ€™s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.