Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Starting Friday, Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s tour truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, will be at the 75 Chrome Shop Truck Show in Wildwood, Fla. That’s located at Exit 329 off Interstate 75. Stop in, say hi to Jon, and join OOIDA for a $10 discount. To see Jon’s full schedule, click here. Air date: April 23, 2014.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- DC Report – How effective is that call to Congress?
- Economic Outlook – Trucking equipment executives offer their predictions
- Extended Segment – Getting the doctors ready for medical certification
- On the Road with Jon – Tracking the Spirit of the American Trucker, April 11, 2014
- Market Update, April 16, 2014
- Trucker’s life-saving efforts garner top honor for OOIDA member
- Swimming upstream a walk in the park as salmon catch a ride by truck
- DC Report - Truckers speaking out on driver training; what’s next
- Extended Segment: Fuel gelling? Here’s why it happens, and how to fix it
- Extended Segment: Taking Control of Your Personal Health
- Extended Segment: The Basics of Bookkeeping
Mark Reddig and Ryan Bowley of OOIDA’s Washington, DC, office, discuss the importance of truckers to call their members of congress – to tell them where you stand on the issues.
- To view OOIDA’s Guide to Contacting Lawmakers, click here;
- To call members of Congress, dial (202) 224-3121;
- To contact members of Congress by email, go to www.fightingfortruckers.com;
- To go to the U.S. House website, here;
- To go to the U.S. Senate website, here.
Air date: April 23, 2014.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- Freight, rates hit seasonal lull
- Diesel is up for the first time in several weeks
- Pennsylvania trucker receives OOIDA Safe Driving Award
- TRACER alert on stolen truck
- Webinar: “Getting Ready to Lease on as an Owner-Operator”
- Parking survey deadline nears
- What is the Unified Registration System?
- Certified medical examiners list is growing
- Tell the FMCSA what you think
- Land Line Now RSS Feed – Subscribe to our podcasts
- Technology is simply not the answer
- Darned if you do…
- Pay at the pump or pay out the nose – your choice
- All about Anne …
- Small business trucking’s top safety resolution for 2014 – action on driver training
BONUS PODCAST FEATURES
- A few words of advice from Professor Paul
- Advice from the Answer Man at Shell Rotella
- DC Reports – the latest from OOIDA Washington, DC, staff on Congress
- Oil Education with Jerry Sims
- Keeping Fit – Expert Health Advice from Bob Perry
- Tax Advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS LETTERS
- ’We appreciate what you guys did for us’
- ’The best care packs’
- ’We all appreciate the support’
- ‘It was a huge morale boost’
- ’Received with smiles and open arms’
- ’Thank you to everyone that supports us’
- ’Thank you very much for the care package’
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package ’filled with anything and everything I could have imagined’
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here …
- Your cast of characters ...
- Face look familiar?
- Is this the party to whom I’m speaking?
- Looking over the talleys …
- Thanks to the folks it’s all about
- Who’s ahead? Find out tonight
- Sneaky ...
- Is the Army still rolling along?
- Tallying up ...
- Tally Board – all shook up …
- Big Jim back in the day
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what itâ€™s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.