Special Links & Updates
OOIDA on the Road
Where you can find us
Jon Osburn and OOIDA’s Tour Truck, the Spirit of the American Trucker, are at the TA truck stop in Willington, Conn. That’s located at Exit 71 off Interstate 84. Stop in, say hi to Jon and join OOIDA for a $10 discount.
And don’t forget to look for all of us from OOIDA at the Great American Trucking Show, this week. We look forward to seeing you there.
To see Jon’s full schedule, click here.
Air date: Aug. 20, 2014.
This week's poll:
Listen Online: Podcast Episodes
- Extended segment: Market Update, Aug. 20, 2014
- Trucker Buddy is bringing the Boy Scouts to GATS
- A PhD students gets a lesson in trucking
- A group of truckers is working for your health
- Bob Perry will be Rolling Strong in Dallas
- How do regulations affect you? We’ll ask at GATS
- Truckers Against Trafficking is ready to hit the road
- Jon Osburn finds food, fun and lots of serious issues
- IRS focusing on who really is independent …
- Make sure your tire repair is a good tire repair
- Truckers FAQ on lubricants answered
- Truckers could face new regs on food safety
- Driver? What driver? It matters to your truck insurance …
- Road Law says keep a cool head when you’re pulled over
- An attack on trucking during a Senate hearing
- A new movement works to improve trucking’s image
- The big party is coming soon to Joplin, Mo.
- You need a logbook for your body, too
- Tire pressure – it’s not a bunch of hot air …
- TA Petro wants to honor the best of the best
- Shell: New oil in your truck’s future
- Top 5 current issues in trucking – Part 1
- Top 5 current issues in trucking – Part 2
- Top 5 current issues in trucking – Part 3
“Land Line Now” podcasts brought to you by Allen Lund Co.
Terry Scruton offers a detailed update on the price of diesel fuel and crude oil, including a break down by region and analysis.
- To read this week’s price report by Land Line Magazine, click here.
- To check the price today through ProMiles, click here.
- To see how to compute your own fuel surcharge through OOIDA’s online guide, click here.
- To download OOIDA’s fuel surcharge app for Android Smartphones, click here.
Air date: Aug. 20, 2014.
Other Items Heard on the Air:
- Rates bounce back in some areas
- Second Future of Trucking Summit
- The Great American Trucking Show is this week
- TRACER alert on stolen truck
- The difference between civil penalties and infractions
- New Jersey lawmaker offers bill that would restrict ticket quotas
- A chance to join OOIDA at no cost to you
- Colorado bike race could disrupt truck traffic Aug. 18-24
- Reason Foundation says the public just loves tolls
- TRACER alert on stolen truck; reward offered
- Insurance advice for that thing behind you
- FRIDAY RANT: OOIDA member’s dashcam video paints unflattering picture of Colorado repair shop
- OOIDA files comments on coercion rulemaking
- Questions about regulations, Congress or anything else DC?
- Well for Life
- Trucking Moves America Forward
- 2290 time
- Truckers for Troops
- Land Line Now RSS Feed – Subscribe to our podcasts
- Solving the real problem, Part CXXVIII (sigh) …
- Driver distractions? Some come built into the truck
- A peek into one possible future, courtesy of Pennsylvania
- The ups and downs of reporting on fuel
- Tech perfection and the robot takeover of trucking are a long way off
- Technology is simply not the answer
BONUS PODCAST FEATURES
- Advice From Road Law
- Mafia Secrets: Bryan Martin offers some tips
- A few words of advice from Professor Paul
- Advice from the Answer Man at Shell Rotella
- DC Reports – the latest from OOIDA Washington, DC, staff on Congress
- Oil Education with Jerry Sims
- Keeping Fit – Expert Health Advice from Bob Perry
- Tax Advice from Shasta May of MBA Tax and Bookkeeping
PHOTOS OF OUR LISTENERS
- Some Spirit at Shoemaker’s
- Young man, old truck
- A few random photos from the American Truck Historical Society’s National Convention
- The last Marmon
- INSIDE THE CHROME SHOP
- ’We appreciate what you guys did for us’
- ’The best care packs’
- ’We all appreciate the support’
- ‘It was a huge morale boost’
- ’Received with smiles and open arms’
- ’Thank you to everyone that supports us’
- ’Thank you very much for the care package’
- A care package worthy of a flag ...
- A package ’filled with anything and everything I could have imagined’
- ‘I sincerely thank you all for your efforts’
TRUCKERS FOR TROOPS PHOTOS
- Hail, Hail, the gang’s all here …
- Your cast of characters ...
- Face look familiar?
- Is this the party to whom I’m speaking?
- Looking over the talleys …
- Thanks to the folks it’s all about
- Who’s ahead? Find out tonight
- Sneaky ...
- Is the Army still rolling along?
- Tallying up ...
- Tally Board – all shook up …
- Big Jim back in the day
SPECIAL FEATURE: A solution from a distant shore
Truckers start turning to shorepower technology to weather the hot and cold they face at the end of the day
Mark Reddig reports on the growing trend toward electrical connections at truck stops, and what it’s already doing for truckers who use it. To read the complete feature, click here.